Agricultural and environmental sciences are only as important as the food you eat, the clothes you wear, and the water and air around you. The UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences has gathered world-renowned scientists and exceptional students to improve the quality and guard the safety of life's necessities.
CAES is among the best and most established U.S. colleges of agriculture. In its classrooms, Agricultural Experiment Stations, and its statewide network of UGA Cooperative Extension offices, the faculty, and staff of CAES is dedicated to discovering, teaching, and delivering the science required for healthy living to flourish in Georgia.
CAES is one of 18 schools and colleges that make up the University of Georgia. Small, upper-level classes allow students to connect easily with professors. Students can study plants, animals, business, communication, teaching, food science, and the environment. The college focuses on providing a safe food supply, a clean environment, and a better life for everyone. CAES has classrooms, laboratories, and facilities on UGA campuses in Athens, Griffin, and Tifton, Georgia.
Leaders in innovation
We are leading the way in agricultural and environmental innovation to care for our global ecosystems, enrich our communities and equip the next generation of leaders.
No matter the program, we have unique learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom for our students. CAES offers world-class immersive learning experiences, including internships, research opportunities, and study abroad programs. See where CAES can take you and discover how you can unlock your true potential at UGA.
- 100% of Poultry Science students have job placements upon graduation
- 1 out of 3 of our students study abroad
- 53% of our students receive financial aid
- #2 Best Agricultural and Horticulture Plant Breeding College
- 15 countries with study abroad programs
- #3 for Agricultural Sciences in the U.S.
- #8 Entomology Program in the World
- $830,000+ in scholarship funding was provided by our College to CAES students last year
- 19,940+ Alumni in the CAES Family
- 850 products have reached the market based on UGA research; over half are plant cultivars, vaccines, and devices that support Georgia agriculture
Many Paths, One Mission
The UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences welcomes students of all backgrounds and houses faculty and staff across the globe. We are committed to providing an inclusive learning environment for students, faculty, and staff from all backgrounds and ethnicities. Our goal is to foster individual growth and strong relationship-building skills that empower our students to contribute and excel in a global society effectively.