Who We Are
International Management School Geneva is a business school which prepares students for the job market. We are delivering Bachelor & Master degrees, in English, French and mixed English/French pathways. Our team are hand-picked to ensure we can deliver the highest standards and connect to students on their individual professional journey.
We Inspire - We Empower - We Care
- Highly experienced educators with a passion for our mission.
- Highly qualified: More than 40% of our professors hold a doctorate or a PhD and some are also professionals with a rich high-level experience (MDs, CEOs).
- Highly supportive: Recognizing that every student is different and has its own learning method by establishing a structure.
Reflecting tradition family and cultural values, we also put a strong emphasis on social and behavioural skills.
7 Reasons to join us
- Personalized Education meeting individual needs
- Challenging and Caring School setting the bar high and helping you get there
- Professor/ Student Ratio Well Above Industry Standard providing better access to teachers
- Committed to Developing Young Professionals that are more than ready for the executive workplace
- Innovative Pedagogy with the “Problem Based Learning” teaching method
- Developing Creative Thinking by achieving real case studies
- The Opportunity to Work Part-time to gain experience and be ready for the job market
Getting ready for the job market
Job Market Integration
In an increasingly competitive job market, we support students at key stages to ensure they have the best and most compelling Business Professional proposition. We do this by facilitating:
- Paid Part-time work
We have developed a strong network of partner companies and organized job-dating events on campus every month, giving our students the opportunity to make new professional contacts and find a job.
- Locally, during the program terms: Organized visits to highly successful Swiss-based companies and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
- Optionally, during school holidays (and for a fee): Discovery trips around a theme, for example, Oil & Banking Industries in Pointe-Noire – Congo. The trips combine companies visits and conferences with local business, political and NGOs figures.
International Management School Geneva takes pride in delivering a high level of business management education through a variety of modern methodologies. These methodologies are integrated throughout the curriculum and prepare our students for professional life in the real business world.
Problem-Based Learning (PBL)
Problem-Based Learning is a pedagogical approach and curriculum design methodology frequently used in high performance, higher education institutions. Some of the defining characteristics of PBL are:
- Learning is driven by challenging, open-ended problems with no one “right” answer.
- Problems/cases are context specific.
- Students work as self-directed, active investigators and problem-solvers in small collaborative groups.
- Teachers adopt the role as facilitators of learning, guiding the learning process and promoting an environment of inquiry. Rather than having a teacher provide facts and then testing students’ ability to recall these facts via memorization, PBL attempts to get students to apply knowledge to new situations.
We believe that PBL:
- Develops critical thinking and creative skills
- Improves problem-solving skills
- Increases motivation
- Helps students learn to transfer knowledge to new situations.
Case Study Method
Several of our courses are taught based on Harvard business school cases.
What is Case Method Teaching?
Case method teaching immerses students into realistic business situations. Cases provide the reality of managerial decision making — which includes incomplete information, time constraints, and conflicting goals — as students learn how to analyze business situations. The case method packs more experience into each hour of learning than any other instructional approach. It stimulates students’ thinking and encourages discussion. Several of our courses are taught based on Harvard Business School cases.
Some students may want to improve the foreign language they are going to study or work in. We support Language Training in English or French.
Blended Learning Methodology: Innovative on-line delivery, face-to-face time with a teacher, individually tailored lessons and monthly feedback.