PhD in Anthropic Fields Sciences
Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes
Earliest start date
The PhD in Anthropic Environments Sciences is an interdepartmental and multidisciplinary program offered by the Center for Design and Construction Sciences, with the participation of the Departments of Construction and Structures, Habitat Design, Geotechnics and Hydraulics, as well as Theory and Methods . This postgraduate course offers greater flexibility as it is a tutorial system, which strengthens research activities.
Train high-level researchers from a humanist perspective with a great social commitment and an active concern for the environment, focusing the researcher on the problem of anthropic areas of specific regional contexts in a systemic way and with a critical attitude in order to contribute to their development. sustainable development.
- Scientifically address the diagnoses and forecasts that support the environmental and territorial ordering, the design and the constructive-infrastructural development of the regional context.
- Generate new knowledge aimed at solving the social needs of anthropic areas in such a way that they respond to the demands of the productive sector and in favor of environmental balance (see the Foundation section).
- Contribute to generating knowledge that supports the development of technical disciplines applicable to the regional problems mentioned at the beginning of this section.
- Contribute to the reduction of technological dependence suffered by the country.
The PhD graduate will obtain knowledge:
- That will train you to solve various social needs of the region;
- In theories and methodologies in the disciplines of origin (Architecture, Civil Engineering and Urbanism)
- The problem addressed under a systemic approach oriented to the sustainability of determined anthropic contexts.
- Different processes of research work, which will serve as a tool to prepare various types of publications.
The graduate will acquire the Skills:
- To conceptualize and substantiate the specific nature of anthropic interventions that involve habitable spaces, the territory and the infrastructures based on the frontier knowledge acquired.
- To carry out original, intra, inter and multidisciplinary research, focused on solving problems related to anthropic spaces, both in public or private research centers and in higher education institutions, eventually joining technological development teams that implement appropriate solutions to the problems of the region.
- To integrate into multidisciplinary teams.
- To train researchers and research groups.
- To participate in teaching activities at any level.
- To interact successfully within an environment of strong professional competition fostered by globalization.
- For the management of documentary information (written, visual, graphic, and statistical) in the field, archives, libraries, and on the Internet.
- Regarding the technical skill for the creative resolution of problems typical of the respective disciplines.
- To communicate fluently and articulately in written and oral form in a second language (preferably English).
- To structure and develop articles, scientific reports and presentations, as well as their visual representation (as the case may be). To handle tools appropriate to their area of expertise, such as: approaches, methods and problem solving techniques, experimental equipment, computer equipment and software.
The graduate will have Attitudes of the type:
- Environmental responsibility.
- Openness to changes.
- Social sensitivity.
Requirements to obtain the degree
- Comply with the provisions of the current General Teaching Regulations.
- The acceptance of a scientific article (in a journal) as the main author.
- Verify attendance at 2 conferences and the presentation of at least one paper at national or international conferences related to your area.
Once the student covers all the requirements and processes to obtain the corresponding degree, the Autonomous University of Aguascalientes will grant him a degree that will contain the name: Doctor of Science.