Union Theological College, originally known as the Assembly’s College, dates back to 1853. In the early nineteenth century, those who hoped to serve as Presbyterian ministers were educated either in Scotland or at the Belfast Academical Institute, opened in 1814 as both a secondary school and a college. Irish Presbyterianism underwent a significant change in 1840 when the General Synod of Ulster and the Secession Synod were united to establish the Presbyterian Church in Ireland (PCI). The new denomination’s first General Assembly was held on 10 July 1840.
Union Theological College
Botanic Avenue,108, BT7 1JT, Belfast