PhD in Fine Arts- Doctoral School The Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroclaw
The Doctoral School of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław is an artistic and research unit, that educates people with significant artistic achievements and high research potential. The doctoral program lasts 6 semesters and enables to obtain advanced knowledge and skills. It is a preparation for receiving a Ph.D. degree in the field of art in the discipline of fine arts and art conservation.
- The curriculum of the Doctoral School provides a well-balanced proportion of practice and theory, respecting tradition and opening to new trends, using classical techniques, and experimenting with new technologies. This exceptional environment sets individual artistic activities of doctoral students in a broad spectrum of cultural, scientific, and social references.
- The Doctoral School of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław is the only unit at Polish art universities that provides education entirely in English. Since the academic year 2023/2024, a parallel mode of education in Polish has also been launched
- The Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław educates doctoral students from all over the world, including countries like Austria, Brazil, China, Greece, Iran, Mexico, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden, Turkey, and Great Britain.
- Our Ph.D. students actively participate in the international artistic and scientific community, taking an active part in exhibitions, competitions, residencies, symposia, and conferences, carrying out research and implementation projects, and publishing texts in specialist journals and scientific monographs. Their achievements are an important component of the assessment in the Academy's evaluation process.
- According to the Act - Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018, all doctoral students at Polish doctoral schools receive high monthly scholarships (increased additionally after passing a mid-term evaluation).In addition, in the case of the Doctoral School of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław, some foreign doctoral students receive increased scholarships within the STER program (2018), funded by the National Agency for Academic Exchange.
- Each year doctoral students can also apply for additional funding to support their activities within the program “Fund for the scientific development of the members of the Doctoral School".
- In 2021, The Doctoral School of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław received funding from the National Agency for Academic Exchange within the "STER - Internationalisation of Doctoral Schools" program. The three-year implementation of this project includes, among others, increased scholarships for the best doctoral students from abroad, scientific internships for the best doctoral students, collaboration with foreign supervisors, reviewers, and lecturers, additional training courses for doctoral students and Academy staff, study visits to foreign partner institutions and organizing an international scientific and artistic conference.
- The E. Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław as the only art academy in Poland and Europe has received Substantial Equivalency by NASAD - the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, an accrediting organization for art schools in the United States.
- It means that our degrees, including doctoral degrees, are now recognized as equivalent to some of the best art and design degrees in the world.
The Doctoral School of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław provides education in two language modes - in Polish and in English.
Candidates willing to undertake education in English are obliged to present a document confirming their knowledge of English at the B2 level.
Candidates interested in learning Polish should present a document confirming their knowledge of any foreign language at the B2 level and demonstrate a good command of the Polish language enabling fluent communication.
The recruitment process for the academic year 2023/2024 will start on 05.06.2023.
The admission limit to the Doctoral School for the academic year 2023/2024 is:
- 4 people for the English language mode
- 2 people for the Polish language mode
All candidates are required to pay the recruitment fee of 250 PLN or 55 EUR