Doctor of Education in
Doctorate of Education in Educational Leadership Southeastern Louisiana University College of Education
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
The EdD program's mission in Educational Leadership is to enhance the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of candidates to allow them to become educational leaders who promote effective school improvement.
The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership program is designed to provide the following:
- To enhance the knowledge and competencies of leaders, so they provide optimal leadership for the education of all learners, both youth and adult.
- To prepare leaders who are inquiring, reflective practitioners.
- To prepare leaders who are competent in identifying and solving complex problems in education.
- To prepare leaders who understand the multitude of leadership and management theories and practices techniques related to their professional settings.
- To prepare leaders who value, encourage, and facilitate the professional development of self and others in their organization.
- To prepare leaders who demonstrate effective communication skills in both school and non-school settings.
- To prepare leaders who value, understand, and support diversity in their school organizations.
- To prepare leaders who make contributions to the profession.