PhD Programme Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) School of Business
The School offers studies leading to a higher research degree:
- PhD - Doctor of Philosophy
The supervision of postgraduate research students is an integral part of each Department’s activities. These students undertake full-time studies and research towards a PhD degree. Students from Hong Kong, China and overseas countries have been accepted on this programme.
To assist prospective students in identifying possible options, the following is a list of disciplines/fields of study offered by the departments.
- Department of Accountancy and Law
- Department of Economics
- Department of Finance and Decision Sciences
- Department of Management
- Department of Marketing
Accountancy and Law
Financial Reporting; Corporate Governance; Information Disclosure; International Accounting; Auditing and Taxation
Applied Microeconomic Theory; Applied Econometrics; Development Economics; Labour Economics; Chinese Economy
Finance and Decision Sciences - Finance
Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance; Financial Derivatives and Investment Strategies
Finance and Decision Sciences - Management Information Systems
E-Business; E-Commerce; Information System Management; Strategic AI Use; Technology Use and Well-Being; IT and Society; Digital Transformation; Digital Resilience
Organization Behavior and Managerial Psychology; Management Issues in China; Strategic Management Leadership; Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
Consumer Behavior; Marketing Strategy; Marketing Communication; Socially Responsible Marketing; Service Marketing
Period of Study
School of Business offers a 4-year full-time PhD programme with the potential to extend to 6-year study.
The Learning Goals (LGs) of the PhD Programme are threefold:
- LG1: Students will acquire advanced knowledge and theories in their areas of specialization and research skills required for pursuing independent research on their chosen topics.
- LG2: Students will develop the ability with an international perspective to design and conduct original research in their fields of specialization.
- LG3: Students will be able to teach college-level courses in their areas of specialization.
Applicants are required to provide a GMAT or GRE score upon application.