Doctoral School (Engineering Studies)
Doctoral School at Gdańsk University of Technology
Earliest start date
* *There are no tuition fees.
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
Gdańsk University of Technology (Gdańsk Tech) offers education in the Doctoral School which is free of charge, provides a scholarship, and a creative and interdisciplinary approach to research. Our school was founded in 2019 and started functioning as of the academic year 2019/2020. However, the doctoral studies at our university are more than 30 years old.
The Ph.D. training is conducted in 13 disciplines fully in English. Two of these are also offered within our cooperation with the two institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences, both based in Gdańsk - the Szewalski Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery (discipline: mechanical engineering) and the Institute of Hydro-Engineering (discipline: civil engineering and transport). All of these programs are interdisciplinary.
- the best research university of technology in Poland (Ministry of Science and Higher Education)
- listed by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- modern research facilities
- over a hundred years of academic tradition
- over thirty years of experience concerning Ph.D. education
- professional academic staff, supported by visiting professors
- interesting research projects and thesis subjects offered by Ph.D. supervisors, quality requirements for Ph.D. supervisors
- high salaries of graduates already in the first year of work (national salary survey 2019)
- hundreds of implemented projects supporting Ph.D. studies, PROM program (International scholarship exchange of Ph.D. candidates and academic staff), STER Programme (Internationalization of Doctoral Schools), Welcome to Poland, POWER programs, IDUB (Excellence Initiative - Research University), offering outgoing mobilities and extra scholarships for Ph.D. students
- the largest and most modern library in northern Poland
- state-funded scholarships, a system of motivation awards, and international internships for all Ph.D. students
- special scholarships for international Ph.D. students
- no tuition fees
- Ph.D. program fully in English
- the doctoral school conducted jointly by the Gdańsk University of Technology and the Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery of the Polish Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Hydro-Engineering of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- low costs of living in comparison to other European countries
- one of the most beautiful campuses in Europe according to international rankings
- attractive location - an abundance of historic and nature sites in and around Gdańsk, Pomeranian voivodship, Kashubian region, and Poland
The best university of technology in Poland within the program of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education Initiative of Excellence – Research University
- Research University Status
- Professional academic staff
- The highest scientific research standards in Europe
- Scholarships for all Ph.D. students
- No tuition fees for Ph.D. students
- A wide range of projects and scholarships
- Ph.D. training in English
Sport is a very important area of university life. University basketball teams play with success in the national league.
Classes conducted fully in English by lecturers from the Gdańsk University of Technology and visiting professors from abroad, and the opportunity to take advantage of internships offered as part of several European projects implemented at the Gdańsk University of Technology and addressed to Ph.D. students.